Tongji University continues to implement the strategy of strengthening the school with talents, constantly improves the postdoctoral system, and vigorously promotes the construction of the postdoctoral team, and postdoctoral personnel have become an important source of fresh forces and young teacher reserves for the development of the school’s scientific research undertakings. In order to further strengthen the construction of the postdoctoral team of Tongji University and give full play to the important role of the postdoctoral team in the construction of first-class universities, postdoctoral researchers with outstanding innovation ability and excellent scientific research strength are now recruited at home and abroad.
Introduction to the School of Mathematical Sciences, Tongji University
The School of Mathematical Sciences of Tongji University was founded in 1945 and has taught here by many well-known scholars. After several adjustments after liberation, the Department of Applied Mathematics was restored in 1980, named the Department of Mathematics in 2006, and the School of Mathematical Sciences in 2016. Since the 1980s, the college has successively introduced many well-known domestic mathematicians, and in the new century, it has introduced a number of young and middle-aged academic leaders such as winners of the National Outstanding Youth Fund. Through the cultivation and introduction of talents, the college has made great progress in the construction of disciplines and teachers, talent training, scientific research and academic exchanges, teaching research and textbook reform, etc., and the comprehensive strength of teaching and scientific research has continued to increase, and has great influence in the educational circles and academic circles at home and abroad. In the fourth round of national subject evaluation announced by the Ministry of Education at the end of 2017, the mathematics discipline of Tongji University was rated as a class A subject (excellent subject).
At present, the college has 100 full-time teachers, including 14 winners of the national talent program and 7 winners of the Shanghai talent plan. The faculty of the college has won the National Natural Science Award, the National Education Commission Science and Technology Progress Award, the Hua Luogeng Mathematics Award and the CSIAM Su Buqing Applied Mathematics Award. There are two undergraduate majors of “Mathematics and Applied Mathematics” and “Statistics”; a doctoral program in mathematics first-level disciplines, and a postdoctoral mobile station in mathematics; and it is one of the teaching bases for engineering mathematics courses in seven countries in China.
In 2019, the Mathematics Center of Tongji University was established. In 2021, it was approved as shanghai intelligent computing frontier scientific research base. In recent years, the school has been characterized by algebra and number theory, geometry and topology, and scientific computing, and has formed a backbone team of scholars with open vision and high-level research through a wide range of interdisciplinary and disciplinary integration.
1. Support the Party’s principles and policies, abide by discipline and law, abide by academic ethics, be proactive, be down-to-earth and dedicated, and unite and cooperate
2. Fresh doctors who have obtained a doctoral degree generally do not exceed 3 years, or who have passed the defense of their doctoral dissertation, shall not be more than 35 years old in principle in the year of declaration; the number of years of obtaining a doctoral degree is not limited to postdoctoral researchers entering the second station or above; the applicant can ensure that he or she is engaged in postdoctoral research work full-time at the station; and encourage overseas outstanding doctoral applications.
3. Have good scientific research innovation ability and academic development potential; the applicant should publish or receive at least 1 high-level scientific research paper published or received by the first author (including the first author of the doctoral supervisor and the second author of the applicant as the second author) or the first corresponding author or signature of the international academic journal in alphabetical order according to international practice.
4. Meet other requirements of the state and mobile stations to recruit postdoctoral researchers.
1. In accordance with the postdoctoral management regulations of Tongji University, provide professional scientific research guidance and competitive salary, and jointly train postdoctoral fellows with Shanghai Intelligent Computing Frontier Scientific Research Base on the basis of the basic annual salary of Tongji University, and the annual salary can reach up to 320,000 yuan / year according to the annual assessment.
2. You can apply for a postdoctoral apartment from the school and provide housing subsidies;
3. The school provides free physical examination for postdoctoral fellows every year;
4. Assist in the enrollment of postdoctoral children (primary school) and nursery school;
5. Relying on the postdoctoral mobile station of Tongji University, postdoctoral researchers can apply for the national “Postdoctoral Innovation Talent Support Program”, “Postdoctoral International Exchange Program Introduction Project”, “Shanghai Super Postdoctoral Program”, etc. According to the various funding programs for postdoctoral fellows, the school will give corresponding support.
6. Postdoctoral fellows relying on the postdoctoral mobile station of Tongji University can apply for the “Postdoctoral International Exchange Program Dispatch Project”, “Heungkong Scholar Program” and “Sino-German Postdoctoral Exchange Program”. The corresponding treatment and employment period are implemented according to the project regulations, and the school is matched according to the project regulations.
7. Provide opportunities to participate in various conferences, visit and exchange, support and assist in applying for various scientific research and talent projects in Shanghai and the country, and those with excellent performance during the postdoctoral period can be given priority to stay in the school and enter the teaching position.
1. Resume: including research or work interests, scientific research work introduction, career ideals and planning, proposed entry time, etc.;
2. Scanned copy of the doctoral graduation certificate and doctoral degree certificate (or the proof materials of the doctoral graduation);
3. Scanned copies of representative works of academic research and other award-winning certification materials;
4. Provide 2 letters of recommendation (must include the recommendation letter of the doctoral supervisor) and the contact information of the referee
1. This recruitment is valid for a long time and applications are accepted at any time.
2. The candidate will send the application materials email@example.comPlease indicate the subject of the email as “Postdoctoral Application + Name + Research Direction”.
3. The mobile station adheres to the employment standards of both ability and political integrity, implements the recruitment principles of openness, fairness, competition and selection, and conducts a preliminary review of the application materials.
4. For those who meet the requirements, we will recommend a co-tutor, if you already have a willing co-mentor, you can contact the tutor first and explain it in the email. The College will notify the interview as soon as possible and conduct an academic assessment. Candidates who have passed the academic assessment of the mobile station shall be admitted to the postdoctoral office in accordance with the relevant regulations of the state and Shanghai Municipality.
The International Young Scholars Forum of the School of Mathematical Sciences of Tongji University invites talents