Founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen, Sun Yat-sen University has a tradition of running schools for more than 100 years, and is a “double first-class” university directly under the Ministry of Education (the first batch of 985 and 211 key universities). Now it is composed of three campuses, five campuses and ten affiliated hospitals in Guangzhou Campus, Zhuhai Campus and Shenzhen Campus, and has formed a “three campuses and five campuses” school running pattern. The school constantly pursues academic innovation and runs the school with an international perspective, and has now formed the characteristics of “comprehensive, research-oriented and open”.
The three campuses of Sun Yat-sen University have their own priorities, and the Guangzhou campus “taps potential” and focuses on the development of traditional advantageous disciplines of liberal arts, sciences and medicine; Zhuhai Campus “Increase”, focusing on the goal of the first-class coastal campus and the development needs of deep-sea, deep-space, deep-earth, and deep-blue disciplines, focusing on serving the national maritime power strategy, space science strategy, and the construction of the “Belt and Road”; Shenzhen Campus “manages the future”, focuses on building a discipline development system for the integrated development of medical engineering, strives to serve the development strategy of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao, and lays a strategic foundation for the school to become a world-class university in the future.
Sun Yat-sen University Shenzhen campus planning map
About the College
The School of Science of Sun Yat-sen University was established in February 2021 and is positioned as a campus in Shenzhen. According to the strategic goal of Sun Yat-sen University to build a world-class university, the School of Science of Sun Yat-sen University will focus on the construction of particle physics and nuclear physics, plasma physics, medical physics, applied mathematics and other disciplines, support the construction of large scientific devices such as gamma photon collider and integrated particle facilities, serve the major strategic needs of the country and the construction of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, and provide support for the layout and development of disciplines in Shenzhen. Based on the basic theories and technologies of particle physics, nuclear physics and plasma physics, the School of Science will expand the fields and directions of industrial application on the basis of existing accelerator and detector technologies, and create a world-class group of particle physics and plasma physics.
The School of Science will give full play to the main role of innovation in colleges and universities, aim at the forefront of world science and technology, take major basic research projects as the starting point and high-level scientific research platform as the support, and set up seven research directions, including “particle physics and nuclear physics”, “accelerator physics and design”, “nuclear detectors and nuclear electronics”, “plasma physics”, “medical physics”, “quantum sensing” and “applied mathematics”.
In order to gather talents from all over the world and build a first-class team, we sincerely invite outstanding scholars from all over the world to join the School of Science, Sun Yat-sen University.
Drawing of the construction plan of the Rigakuen Garden
Recruitment discipline direction
1. Accelerator physics and technology: accelerator beam physics, magnet, vacuum, mechanical, radiation protection and other accelerator-related majors;
2. Plasma physics: laser plasma related majors such as strong field laser technology, plasma acceleration, new strong radiation sources, superconducting super laser technology, etc.;
3. Particle physics theory and experiment: theoretical physics, particle physics experimental data analysis, imaging and data acquisition software design and other particle physics related majors;
4. Nuclear detectors and nuclear electronics: particle physics detectors, new detector technology, nuclear electronics and other nuclear detectors and nuclear electronics related majors;
5. Medical physics: nuclear medicine diagnosis, treatment, radiation dose calculation and detection and other related majors;
6. Quantum sensing: photoacoustic and electrical micro-nano detection technology and application and other related professional directions
7. Basic mathematics, applied mathematics, computational mathematics, statistics and other related majors.
Faculty of Science Nuclear Science and Technology Team Building Roadmap
Schematic diagram of the gamma collider and integrated beam facility
Schematic diagram of 200TW laser plasma R&D platform
Basic requirements of the position
Hundred people plan to introduce talents
1. Leading talents: engaged in research with major innovation, development prospects and key common technologies, and achieved landmark results with important innovation and significant impact. Have an important influence, academic status and academic level at home and abroad, and be under the age of 50.
2. Young and middle-aged outstanding talents: have particularly excellent potential for scientific research and technological innovation, have important innovation prospects in the research direction, have obtained professional achievements recognized at home and abroad, and have achieved recognized scientific research achievements at home and abroad. Science and engineering, under the age of 40.
3. Young academic backbone: have active innovative thinking, strong innovation ability and outstanding development potential, and achieve high-level and innovative professional achievements. Science and engineering, under the age of 35.
4. Young outstanding talents: good educational and scientific research background, active innovative thinking and good development potential, must have obtained the highest education less than 3 years, and the age is not more than 35 years old.
1. Distinguished researcher: those who have postdoctoral work, lecturer or assistant professor work experience in universities and research institutions at home and abroad; In principle, no less than 3 representative results should be achieved, and the number of particularly outstanding achievements may be appropriately reduced; Applicants with experience in hosting or participating in projects at or above the provincial or ministerial level are preferred. Be under the age of 38.
2. Distinguished associate researcher: has undergone rigorous academic training in universities and research institutions at home and abroad, and has great academic potential; In principle, no less than 2 representative results have been achieved, and the number of those with particularly outstanding achievements can be reduced to 1; Be under the age of 38.
3. Postdoctoral fellow: excellent doctors at home and abroad who are under the age of 35, have obtained a doctoral degree for no more than 3 years, and have a high academic level and strong scientific research ability.
1. Applicant registration: The applicant contacts the personnel secretary of the college and submits the application materials to the Faculty of Science as required;
2. College review interview: The talent introduction team of the college will comprehensively evaluate and review the applicants, and those who pass will report to the school for approval;
3. School approval;
4. School appointment;
5. Go through the check-in procedures and sign the employment contract.
Contact: Teacher Pei
Contact number: 86-755-23260090
Address: School of Science, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangming District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province
WeChat public account of School of Science, Sun Yat-sen University