Founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen, Sun Yat-sen University has a tradition of running schools for more than 100 years and is a “double first-class” university directly under the Ministry of Education (the first batch of 985 and 211 key universities). At present, it is composed of three campuses, five campuses and ten affiliated hospitals in Guangzhou Campus, Zhuhai Campus and Shenzhen Campus, and has formed a “three campuses and five campuses” school-running pattern. The school constantly pursues academic innovation and runs schools with an international perspective, and has now formed the characteristics of “comprehensive, research-oriented and open”.
The three campuses of Sun Yat-sen University have their own key points, the Guangzhou campus “taps the potential” and focuses on the development of traditional advantageous disciplines of arts, sciences and medicine; the Zhuhai campus “increases the increment”, focusing on the goal of the first-class coastal campus and the development needs of deep sea, deep space, deep earth and deep blue disciplines, focusing on serving the national marine power strategy, space science strategy, and “Belt and Road” construction; Shenzhen campus “managing the future”, focusing on building a discipline development system for the integration of medical and engineering development, and focusing on serving the development strategy of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao. Lay the strategic foundation for the future school to become at the forefront of world-class universities.
Planning plan of Sun Yat-sen University Shenzhen Campus
The School of Science of Sun Yat-sen University was established in February 2021, according to the strategic goal of Sun Yat-sen University to build a world-class university, the college has formed a college culture of “double cultivation of ability and political integrity, unity of knowledge and action” and the development of “platform to attract talents, career gathering, industry and research to cultivate talents” talent introduction strategy and “strong foundation, good search, courage to innovate, climb the peak” talent training policy.
The School of Science will focus on the construction of particle physics and nuclear physics, plasma physics, applied mathematics and other disciplines, support the construction of large scientific devices such as gamma photonic colliders and integrated particle facilities, serve the major strategic needs of the country and the construction of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, and provide support for the layout and development of disciplines in Shenzhen Campus.
The school of science is located in the discipline group construction planning map
The Faculty of Science will give play to the role of the main body of innovation in colleges and universities, aim at the frontier of science and technology in the world, take major basic research projects as the starting point, and take the high-level scientific research platform as the support, and set up 6 research directions such as “particle physics and nuclear physics”, “accelerator physics and design”, “nuclear detectors and nuclear electronics”, “plasma physics”, “medical physics” and “applied mathematics”.
In order to gather the world’s talents and build a first-class team, we sincerely invite outstanding scholars from all over the world to join the School of Science of Sun Yat-sen University.
Recruitment subject areas and directions
1. Accelerator physics and technology: accelerator beam physics, magnets, vacuum, machinery, radiation protection and other accelerator-related majors;
2. Plasma physics: laser plasma related majors such as strong field laser technology, plasma acceleration, new strong radiation source, superconducting super-strong laser technology, etc.;
3. Particle physics theory and experiments: theoretical physics, particle physics experimental data analysis, imaging and data acquisition software design and other particle physics related majors;
4. Nuclear detectors and nuclear electronics: particle physics detectors, new detector technology, nuclear electronics and other nuclear detectors and nuclear electronics related majors;
5. Medical physics: nuclear medicine diagnosis, treatment, radiation dose calculation and detection and other related majors;
6. Basic mathematics, applied mathematics, computational mathematics, statistics and other related professional directions.
Planning plan for nuclear science and technology team building in the Faculty of Science
Schematic diagram of the gamma collider and integrated beam facility
Schematic diagram of 200TW laser plasma R&D platform
Basic requirements of the post
01. “Hundred Talents Plan” introduces talents
1. Leading talents: Engaged in research work with major innovation, development prospects and key common technologies, and achieved landmark results with important innovations and major impacts. He has important influence at home and abroad, his academic status and academic level are comparable to this, or he has excellent academic achievements in the field of humanities and social sciences. Be at least 50 years of age.
2. Young and middle-aged outstanding talents: young and middle-aged outstanding talents: have particularly excellent potential for scientific research and technological innovation, have important innovation prospects for research directions, obtain professional achievements recognized at home and abroad, and achieve recognized scientific research achievements at home and abroad. Science and engineering, age not more than 40 years old.
3. Young academic backbone: with active innovative thinking, strong innovation ability and outstanding development potential, and achieve high-level and innovative professional achievements. Science and engineering, age not more than 35 years old.
4. Young outstanding talents: good education and scientific research background, with active innovative thinking and good development potential, need to obtain the highest degree of less than 3 years, the age is not more than 35 years old.
02. Full-time researchers
1. Specially appointed researchers: personnel with postdoctoral, lecturer or assistant professor work experience in universities and research institutions at home and abroad; in principle, no less than 3 representative results have been achieved, and the number of particularly prominent results can be appropriately reduced; applicants with experience in hosting or participating in projects at or above the provincial and ministerial levels are preferred. Be at least 38 years of age.
2. Distinguished associate researchers: Have experienced strict academic training in domestic and foreign universities and research institutions, and have great academic potential; in principle, no less than 2 representative achievements have been achieved, and the number of particularly outstanding results can be reduced to 1; the age is not more than 38 years old.
3. Postdoctoral fellow: under the age of 35, no more than 3 years after obtaining a doctorate degree, with a high academic level and strong scientific research ability at home and abroad outstanding doctorate.
1. Applicant registration: The applicant contacts the personnel secretary of the college and submits the application materials to the faculty of science as required;
2. Department review and interview: The talent introduction team of the college will conduct a comprehensive evaluation and review of the applicant, and the passer will report to the school for approval;
3. School approval;
4. School appointment;
5. Handle the registration procedures and sign the employment contract.
Contact: Teacher Pei
Contact number: 86-755-23260090
Contact address: School of Science, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangming District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province